|J & J DEMOLITION DERBIES RULES AND REGULATIONS
J & J DEMOLITION DERBIES
RULES AND REGULATIONS
! IF YOUR CAR IS NOT INSIDE THESE RULES, YOUR CAR WILL NOT RUN!
!!! NO ALCOHOL OR INTOXICATED PEOPLE IN THE PITS!!!
! ALL VEHICLES AND DEBRIS MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE EVENT LOCATION AFTER COMPLETION !
FULL SIZE CARS
1) Any factory stock American or Imported auto or station wagon with a wheelbase over 105” is allowed. ! No Chrysler imperials! (Except 1974 & newer).No
convertibles, 4wd vehicles, jeeps, trucks, limos, hearse, ambulances, or SUVs’ permitted.
2) All glass, chrome moldings, rear seats, sun visors, rear view mirrors, carpet & headliners must be removed from the interior of vehicle. All trash and loose
pieces must be removed from the car. (AIR BAGS MUST BE REMOVED) Open Holes left in firewall after stripping must be covered completely.
3) (Drivers door protection is MANDATORY, padding is required if a inside safety cage is used)
4) All glass ,outside chrome and plastic trim including grills must be removed, all head and tail lights, side markers also the factory nose and tail piece if
fiberglass. Sunroofs must be removed and covered with sheet metal. Everything must be removed prior to coming to the track! Windshield removal is optional, if
removed it may be replaced with wire mesh and a center support from the roof to the cowl area. A maximum of 2 support bars may be used on the front or rear
window openings; they may be no larger than 2”wide by ¼ inch thick and may go from the roof to the front cowl & rear speaker deck only.
5) No bumper or frame mounted hitches allowed.
6) All air conditioning systems must be drained and rubber hoses removed prior to arrival at track.
7) FAN BLADES ARE NOT PERMITTED (HOWEVER Plastic blade electric fans may be used, using stock type mounting hardware or less.)
8) A FACTORY working hydraulic operated brake system is mandatory. (BRAKES MUST BE ON THE WHEELS ONLY, NO PINION BRAKES ALLOWED)
9) Stock gas tank must be removed and a 6 gal. Max. Metal or approved plastic marine tank will be permitted. An approved Tank must have a fuel line type fitting.
(NO GAS CANS OR STOCK GAS TANKS ALLOWED) Fuel tank must be securely fastened in the area vacated by the rear seat, they must be chained or metal
strapped, fuel tank protection may be used it may be no wider than 24” and have no connections to the car frame or body!
10) Battery must be securely fastened to the front passenger's floorboard. The battery must be in a secured metal frame or box and covered with a rubber mat.
Please use metal straps or chains to secure the battery. ( ! Absolutely no Wooden Boxes, bungee cords or ratchet straps! )
11) All doors must be fastened shut by a solid steel banding, chain, cable or welded (Outside Seams Only plating may be 3/16”x 3” maximum.) Chains or cables
must be min. 1/4” and max. of 3/8”. Rust repairs may be made within reason, however metal must be factory thickness or less with no more than a 1” overlap onto
good sheet metal (rusted metal must be removed, and patch may be stitch welded only, not welded solid. (You Must Prove Rust Existed) Sheet metal tears on
used cars may be repaired on doors only for safety reasons.
12) No reinforcements allowed to the car body or frame. (A 4 POINT SAFETY CAGE will be allowed within the drivers area it may not extend more than 6” past front
or rear door seam on either end of drivers door, must be a 6”x 2”x 1/4” max steel channel or 6”x 1/4” flat stock passenger side protection must be on the inside of
door only end at the door post) *A side to side hollow pipe may be placed behind the drivers seat and in place of the dash board if it is removed, they must be a (
min. of 2” O.D. / max. of 4” O.D. with no larger than 6” by 6” plates welded on ends, they must be securely welded to the interior of car. Dash bars must me a
minimum of 4”back from the firewall and 4” above the transmission Tunnel. Rear seat plates may be lengthened within reason to meet inner door posts.) NO
CONNECTIONS OF ANY TYPE MAY BE MADE TO VEHICLE FRAME OR FLOOR! Pre bending of cars will be allowed within reason. (No sub frame swaps,
wedging of trunks or smash back wagons allowed, quarter panels must remain in the vertical position, PEENING OF BODY PANELS will be allowed within
13) NO MODIFYING, WELDING or FILLING OF FRAMES or BODY PANELS (Fender and quarter panel openings may be bolted in 4 spots using 1/2”max bolts)
14) Vehicle body mounts must be factory or less, if factory mounts are removed no larger than a 1/2” bolt may be used along with 2 washers no larger than 3”
square or round x 1/4” thick. (NO EXTRA MOUNTS!)(MAXIMUM SPACERS ALLOWED ON FRONT RADIATOR SUPPORT or TRUNK IS 4” AND SPACERS ARE NOT
ALLOWED TO BE WELDED TO THE VEHICLE FRAME!)
15) 2 Additional Roof chains may be used; they may go from the roof to vehicle floor or exterior sheet metal! (No solid connections to vehicle frame)
16) Hoods MUST BE OPEN for inspection, trunks must be visible and station wagon inner decks must be removed. All cars must have a hood; they must remain
in their stock locations and use the factory mounting hinges or less.
17) Hood and trunk must be secured after inspection. (Max. of 6 places on hood & 6 places on trunk using a minimum 1/4” chain or cable, maximum 3/8” chain or
cable. No "X"-ing of chains or cables on trunk or hood. If welded 6 locations (Maximum of 6” each weld. This rule includes the tailgates of station wagons. ) Plates
on hood and trunk can be no larger than 3” square or round by 1/4”thick. (No larger than 3/4 inch bolts or ready rod will be allowed to fasten the hood or trunk lid.
We will be allowing ready rod to frame connections on the front radiator support in 2 locations to be used to secure hood.)
18) There MUST be a hole in the hood above the carburetor approx. 12” in diameter. All vehicles must have a air cleaner of some type on the engine, no open
carburetors will be allowed. Exhaust may exit out of the bottom of the vehicle or through the hood. (If the exhaust exits out the hood steel fuel line must be used in
the engine compartment and extend beyond the firewall, also the exhaust must extend 12” above the valve covers for safety reasons) Holes cut in the hood for
carburetor and exhaust may be secured together with a total of 12 bolts no larger than 5/16”.
19) Any engine and transmission may be used in any model, must be mounted within 4” of original engine position. (No gussets or extra plates may be added to
cross-members or frame.) Engine cradles will be allowed with ½”max thickness. (NO DISTRIBUTOR OR TRANSMISSION PROTECTION ALLOWED)
20) All cooling systems must be original equipment or less and must be located under the hood, looped systems will be limited to the area vacated by the
radiator .Only water will be allowed in cooling systems, all antifreeze must be removed prior to coming to the track (Engine oil, and transmission coolers are
allowed however they must be in a secured box and use steel lines and high pressure fittings for all connections.)
21) Rear ends must be factory passenger car type only. You may use any type rear in any make of car; however they must be in stock position using stock
mounting locations & hardware or less. Rears may be locked, welded and also gusseted or crossed braced using no larger than a single 2”x 3” x ¼ “hollow box
tube or less. (NO LEAF OVER CONVERSIONS OR SPECIALTY FABRICATED REARS WILL BE ALLOWED)
22) ( Suspension must work ) NO solid shocks or adding extra clamps or springs to suspension, no bump stop blocks or solid suspension will be allowed.
A) Coil springs may be tack welded or hose clamped to help keep them in place.
B) No welding, bolting or stacking of springs on leaf spring cars, springs must be of factory type and step down lengths for vehicle and show no major signs of
modifications. (Maximum of no more than 7 leafs per side) If factory spring clamps are broken or missing they may be replaced with a maximum of 2 O.E.M , or
fabricated clamps no more than approximately 2”x 5”x 3/16” thick using 3/8” bolts or less per side.( NO TRUCK SPRINGS ALLOWED)
C) If Air or Coil over shocks are used they must allow suspension to move.
D) Rears and front suspensions may be chained however suspension must have travel at least 1” up AND down. (Officials Discretion)
23) Steering systems may be altered within reason to prevent bind up of steering shaft (No excessive reinforcing of steering components)
24) Bumpers must be mounted in stock location; however bumpers may be swapped from different models. (NO truck bumpers) Bumper mounting brackets and
Shock bumpers may be welded and bolted to the frame & bumper from radiator support forward only, no wrapping of frame horns or stuffing bumper shocks
inside of frame. Bumpers may be no lower than 15” to the bottom of bumper and no higher than 26” to the bottom on the front or rear of vehicle. (NO ADDING OF
EXTRA BRACKETS, SOLID WELDING OF BUMPER SEAMS, BOXING OF FRAME, OR RELOCATING BUMPER SHOCKS) (BUMPERS MUST BE CHAINED
THROUGH THE BUMPER WITH 2 CHAINS 3/8” MAXIMUM SO THEY DON'T FALL OFF!)
25) TIRES may be any ply rating on sidewalls! HOWEVER NO SOLID, LIQUID FILLED, STUDDED, OR PADDLE TYPE TIRES ALLOWED all wheel weights must
be removed from inside and outside of wheels. Valve stem guards may be used. (Official discretion on tires)
26) ALL CARS MUST HAVE A 18"X 18” SIGN WITH CAR NUMBERS CLEARLY PAINTED ON BOTH SIDES MOUNTED ON THE VEHICLE ROOF. DRIVERS DOOR
MUST BE PAINTED FLUORESCENT ORANGE OR WHITE. (No questionable language will be allowed on cars)
27) All drivers are required to wear a SNELL OR DOT approved safety helmet with eye protection. (Full face helmets are recommended) Safety belts are required
and MUST be worn until the heat is completed. (Factory installed shoulder straps are recommended.) Drivers must stay in their cars with their helmet & belts on
until event is over. All drivers MUST wear long sleeved shirts, long pants, and gloves. !! NO SHORTS!! (FOR OUR EVENTS WE RECOMMENDED DRIVERS TO
WEAR A COMMERCIALLY PRODUCED RACING NECK RESTAINT)
28) No deliberate head-on collisions or hitting on the driver's door. Doing so will result in immediate disqualification.
29) Any car which does not move or hit a "LIVE" car within 1 minute will be disqualified.
30) Officials will shut down at once any car which is deemed a safety risk. (Excessive smoking or throwing debris from spinning tires)
31) NO TEAMWORK OR SANDBAGGING WILL BE PERMITTED (! YOU WILL BE SHUT DOWN NO QUESTIONS ASKED! )
A) Teamwork: any drivers deliberately avoiding aggressive contact with one another, or working together to hit and hold other competitors.
B) Sandbaggers: are drivers who hide in corners, tour around the arena, or continually avoid aggressive contact with other competitors.
32) Harassment of Demo officials or track crew will not be tolerated (! You will be asked to leave, with no refunds or prize money given! )
33) The only people allowed on the track at any time will be drivers, officials, and towing personnel. (No Smoking on the Track)
34) Heat winners must run the same car they qualified in the feature event. Car & Driver can enter multiple heats but can only qualify once. * Once the Driver and
car qualifies for the feature event, they may not compete in another qualifying heat *
35) A 5 MPH speed limit must be maintained at all times in the pit area, parking lot, and driveways.
36) No passengers riding on or in demo cars at any time. This includes pit area, parking lot and driveway.
37) (Drivers must be 16 years old to compete, anyone under 18 years old must call J & J to obtain a release form that must be notarized and presented when
registering for that day’s event. ) Anyone in the pit area under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times (Anyone not following these rules
will be removed from the Pit area with no refunds given)! A release form must be signed and pit fees must be paid by everyone!
38) All vehicles will be subject to re-inspection at anytime during the event, without any explanation necessary!
39) J & J reserves the right to accept or decline any competitors for failing to comply with the event rules or exhibiting un-sportsman like conduct of any kind that
has a direct effect on event operations. (!! THE DECISIONS MADE BY THE J & J OFFICIALS ARE FINAL!!)
SMALL CAR/ MINI & FULL SIZE PICKUP TRUCK/80’S AND NEWER CHAIN AND BANG DEMO CLASSES
***ALL REGULAR RULES APPLY PLUS THE FOLLOWING ADDED RULES***
SMALL CAR RULES
1) Any American or Import 2 wd. car, with a factory installed 4 or 6 cylinder engine. (NO 6 cylinder RWD cars or convertibles allowed)
2) Cars may have a Maximum of 105”wheelbase. (Measured from center to center of wheels)
3) Small cars are not allowed to run in the big car events!
4) Side to side bars may be used behind the front seat and in place of the dash on small cars. (Drivers door protection is mandatory)
FULL SIZE & MINI P/U TRUCK RULES
1) Any Full Sized 2wd. or 4wd. Pick-up, or SUVs 3/4 ton or less. (4wd must remove front drive shafts, no el-camino’s, ranchero’s or utility boxes )
1A) Any Mini or Mid size 2wd or 4wd pickup or suv under ½ ton using a factory installed 4 or 6 cylinder engine (4wd must remove front driveshaft)
2) Front and rear bumpers can be a min. height of 15" and a max. of 24" ( Measured from the ground to the bottom of the bumper. There can only be a difference
of 3" between the front & rear bumper height.)(All trucks must have rear bumpers, no car bumpers allowed on trucks)
3) Tailgates must be welded, chained, or removed.
4) No running boards, nerf rails or push bars.
5) Beds MUST be fastened to frame in 4 additional places by either chain or bolts. Also beds MUST be chained, bolted, or welded to the cab in 4 additional spots
(Bolt size max. of ½” - Plate size max. of 4”x 4” x ¼” steel. Chain size max. of 3/8” ).
6) Gas tank must be located in the bed of the truck. It must be centered in the front on the bed directly behind the cab. The tank must be secured with metal straps
or chains. It MUST be covered with a metal cover.
7) The rear window MUST be covered with medium to heavy duty wire mesh.
8) A side to side bar may be used in place of the dash on pickup trucks! (Drivers door protection is mandatory)
80’S AND NEWER CHAIN AND BANG STOCK DEMO CLASS
“This heat is designed for the beginners or guys who just want to have fun”
1)Any factory stock American or Imported auto or station wagon 1980 AND NEWER with a wheelbase over 105” is allowed. (No convertibles, 4wd vehicles, jeeps,
trucks, limos, hearse, ambulances, or SUVs’ permitted.
2)All stripping and safety rules such as gas tanks and battery locations are to be followed using the general rules.
3)All vehicles are to remain factory stock or less with no modifications to vehicle frame or body.
4)Engines and transmissions must factory for the make of vehicle and remain in their stock locations using factory ignition systems as well as factory shifting
linkage (no modifications will be allowed anywhere this includes steering and suspension components) .
5)Doors must be SECURELY chained, wired or banded shut (With the exception of the drivers it may be welded shut for safety ) No cages allowed
6)Hood and trunk may be fastened in 6 locations using only chain, wire, bolts or banding (NO WELDING WILL BE ALLOWED IN THESE AREAS AS WELL AS NO
REDDY ROD TO FRAME CONNECTIONS)
7)Bumpers must be stock to the vehicle and in their factory location. (No welding will be allowed anywhere on bumper, brackets or frame.)Bumpers must have 2
chains no larger than 3/8” through the bumper and bolted to the vehicle body or frame.
8)Rears must be factory stock for make of vehicle (open rears may be welded) COIL SPRINGS MAY BE HOSE CLAMPED TO KEEP THEM IN PLACE
9)Tires must be dot approved load range E OR LESS with only air in tires and only one tire per wheel. (NO AG OR PADDLE TIRES)
SHORT TRACK JUNK CAR RACE CLASSES AND RULES
COMPACT: Any domestic or import 4 or 6 cyl engine 2wd car or p/u truck with a wheelbase of 105”and under.
FULL SIZE: Any domestic or import 6 or 8 cyl engine 2wd car with uni-body type frame construction and a wheelbase of 105” and over.
HEAVY WEIGHT: Any domestic or import 4,6, or 8 cyl engine 2 wd and all 4 wd vehicles, full frame cars, p/u trucks, and SUVs’ with a wheelbase over 105” ( P/U
Trucks must be single rear wheel with a GVW of ¾ ton or less with a maximum bumper height of 24”from the ground to the bottom of the bumper. )
*ALL STRIPPING AND PREPARATION FOR JUNK CAR EVENTS MUST USE THE GENERAL RULES PLUS THE FOLLOWING*
1) Gas tanks and batteries may remain in their factory locations (However they may be relocated to the interior of vehicle as noted in general rules.) If a passenger
will be riding along the tanks and batteries must remain in factory location.
2) Windshields may remain in factory location or removed. However if they are removed they must be replaced with a metal screen with at least one center brace
from the roof to the cowl area.
3) Drivers door protection is recommended for race events, if a passenger is riding their door must have protection. See general rules for specifications on size.
(Roll over protection is highly recommended)
4) All race classes must use a approved safety racing window net on drivers side, if a passenger is riding their window will require a net also. (No wire, snow
fence or permanent net will be allowed, it must be removable for safety purposes.)
5) Drivers must have fully functional seat belts or approved racing harness, if a passenger is riding the same is required.
6) Front bumpers may be replaced if missing with a hollow square tubing no larger than 2” x 2” x 3/8 thick. It may not extend past the outside of the factory bumper
mounting brackets on vehicles. (No sharp ends allowed for tire pokers, Radiator protection may be used on front bumpers it may be no higher than 8” and no
wider than outside bumper mounting brackets on the frame using no larger than 2’ tubing. )
7) For scoring purposes an 18” square roof sign will be required for the racing events with vehicle number of choice clearly displayed on both sides.
KIDS POWER WHEELS RULES
1)Any regular electric power wheel vehicle is allowed. They must be the ride in type not ride on. Childs legs must be in an enclosed compartment. Limited to 6 or
12 volt models only (No four wheelers or tractors)
2)Kids 4-10 years old may participate.
3)Helmets must be worn. A bicycle helmet is ok.
4)Seatbelts are mandatory (no exceptions )
5)No passengers allowed.
6)All motors must remain stock however you may change batteries to either a 12v lawnmower or motorcycle battery and they must remain outside the drivers’
compartment and be covered and properly secured for safety.
7)All doors and tailgates must be strapped shut. Use duct tape, wire ties or other flexible materials to make sure they stay shut. If they come open during the event
you child will be shut down.
8)Stock tires only. Tires may be wrapped with thin rubber & duct tape for traction and to keep them from splitting.
9)Decorative changes may be made to make them look like real derby cars. Must be made from kid friendly materials only. Remember they are decoration only
not for reinforcing.
10)At all times remember this is all for the kids!!! Don’t add or do something that is questionable unless you want to disappoint your child when they can’t
11)If vehicle has more than one speed, low speed must be used.
12)All vehicles will be checked in at the pit gate and impounded until the kids take the track.
13)Everyone must pre-enter their child and sign release forms because everyone will receive something after the event.
14)Only one parent will be allowed on the track with their child during the event.
15)If your child gets out of their vehicle for any reason during the event they will be disqualified.
16)How it works is each child gets 4 balloons attached to their vehicle by J & J. Each event will be given a time limit and at the end of that time the one with the
most UN popped balloons will be declared the winner. Once all 4 of your Childs balloons are popped your child is out of competition. SPECIAL NOTE: Any parent
caught popping balloons on other vehicles will automatically have their child disqualified. In the event that 2 kids have the same amount of balloons at the end, it
will be declared a tie.
17)WE WILL ALSO HAVE A LIMIT OF 20 VEHICLES FOR THE POWER WHEELS EVENTS
18)ENTRY FEES FOR THE KIDS POWER WHEELS WILL BE $10 PER VEHICLE TO COVER COSTS OF PRIZES & SUPPLIES.
19)PARENTS, THIS EVENT IS FOR FUN… DON’T LOSE SITE OF THAT. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT TEACHING OR KIDS GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP AND TO
LOVE MOTORSPORTS IS THE GOAL OF THIS EVENT.
POWER WHEELS PRE-REGISTRATION FORM
Circle all events that apply: Delaware State Great Allentown Fair York Fair
Childs Name: __________________________ Age: ______
Parents Name: _________________________ CAR NUMBER: _______
Mailing Address: _________________________ $ Amount enclosed: ________
City: _______________State:_____ zip: ______
**This form is to guarantee your child a spot in any event circled above. This will be a non refundable entry fee at $10 per vehicle for each
event you circle. We will only be taking a limit of 20 entries for each location. **
Mail to J&J Demolition Derbies at address listed on last page. If you decide to bring it along to the event we cannot guarantee your child a
spot if the event fills up. (First come first serve)
ENTRY FEES & SCHEDULE FOR 2017 EVENTS
Driver & Pit Crew $20 each Car Registration: $25 per heat (D)or class (R
J & J DEMOLITION DERBIES
170 Speicher Road
Bernville, PA 19506
Phone: (484) 955-6660 Website: www.jandjdemo.com
Contacts: Mike & Shanna